[tigervnc-devel] PATCH: Add xorg-xserver 1.19 support to tigervnc

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Wed Oct 5 09:13:47 UTC 2016

On 04/10/16 17:45, Hans de Goede wrote:

> If been working for 7 days on a row now to get 1.19 in
> shape for Fedora 25, so I'm afraid that the v2 of this
> patch I'm working on is going to be a take it or
> leave it offer from my pov. You are of course more then
> welcome to improve upon the patch yourself.

Alright. I'll have a look at doing the finishing touches. Thanks for the
patch. :)

> While on the subject of write-ready notification I noticed
> what I believe is a bug in tigervnc-1.7.0/common/rdr/FdOutStream.cxx:
> FdOutStream::flush(). When the stream is nonblocking and writeWithTimeout()
> returns 0, then flush() will simply retry again (and again and again),
> if I read the code correctly), so it will *busy* wait until all data
> is written.

I'll have a look. It may simply be that flush() is defined as always
blocking. I'll check who calls it.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?