Disabling RECORD by default

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 20 18:00:37 UTC 2016

Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> writes:

> Does this imply that XDMCP users don't deserve accessibility, since we
> can't get a peer gid from a TCP socket? Seems suboptimal.

Without additional work, you would have to choose between security or
functionality.

With a little work, one can imagine using the SECURITY extension to
construct a new authorization token that would be used to limit access
to the extensions needed for accessibility. Getting that integrated into
the desktop environment will take more work than the simple GID-based
access control I proposed, but it's all feasible.

--
-keith