[xserver PULL master] Present, randr and modesetting fixes

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 13:13:57 UTC 2016

Hi Adam, Keith,

I've a number of patches which have been reviewed, but not yet merged
and while preparing a bugfix xserver update for Fedora I noticed
that there are some older bugfix patches in Fedora's packages
which are still not in master.

I decided that the easiest way to deal with this is probably to
prepare a pull-req for you, so here I'm :)

This pull-req containts:

1) a quite old exa bugfix from Maarten Lankhorst which has been
in the Fedora pkgs for ages, I checked this patch in patch-work
and it has some discussion, but no clear nack or such, nor
a Reviewed-by. The patch still looks valid to me, so I've
added my own Reviewed-by and included it in this pull-req

2) 2 over a year old present fixes from Chris Wilson, which do
actually have a Reviewed-by and seem to simply have fallen through
the cracks, these have been in the Fedora xserver pkgs for months
now without any ill consequences.

3) Some recent xrandr and modesetting patches by my and Lyude,
these all have positive reviews

4) A xrandr patch for Nikhil Mahale which I've personally reviewed,
it looks simple / safe enough, but I guess it could use a
second pair of eyes, this is:
"randr: Adjust master's last set time with slaves"

The following changes since commit 2d6230e77348e550c90e00c007b113ce38c81d12:

   glamor: Use DestroyPixmap instead of FreePicture for glyph atlas pixmap (2016-06-14 22:47:00 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

   git://people.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/xserver for-master

for you to fetch changes up to 848089e0dde38f043c85332785520946103e77c1:

   modesetting: Clear drmmode->fb_id before unflipping (2016-06-17 11:38:13 +0200)

Chris Wilson (2):
       present: Improve scaling of vblank handler
       present: Fix presentation of flips out of order

Hans de Goede (5):
       xrandrprovider: Do not use separate lists for unbound / source / offload slaves
       modesetting: Properly cleanup fb for reverse-prime-offload
       modesetting: Set ppix->fb_id to 0 after removing the fb
       modesetting: Remove unnecessary fb addition from drmmode_xf86crtc_resize
       modesetting: Only add main fb if necessary

Lyude Paul (1):
       modesetting: Clear drmmode->fb_id before unflipping

Maarten Lankhorst (1):
       exa: only draw valid trapezoids

Nikhil Mahale (1):
       randr: Adjust master's last set time with slaves

  dix/dispatch.c                                   | 30 +++++++------
  exa/exa_render.c                                 |  3 +-
  hw/xfree86/dri2/dri2.c                           |  7 ++-
  hw/xfree86/drivers/modesetting/drmmode_display.c | 54 ++++++++++++------------
  hw/xfree86/drivers/modesetting/present.c         |  9 ++++
  hw/xfree86/modes/xf86RandR12.c                   | 11 +----
  include/scrnintstr.h                             | 15 +++----
  present/present.c                                | 35 +++++++++------
  randr/rrcrtc.c                                   | 16 +++++--
  randr/rrmonitor.c                                | 17 ++++++--
  randr/rroutput.c                                 | 10 ++---
  randr/rrprovider.c                               | 50 +++++++---------------
  randr/rrscreen.c                                 | 12 ++++--
  render/picture.h                                 |  2 +-

Regards,

Hans