[RFC xserver 0/3] Allow XWM to control Xwayland commits

Owen Taylor otaylor at fishsoup.net
Thu Dec 1 15:15:11 UTC 2016

Probably a combination of factors:
 * It never got into the official spec (I didn't want to push it in without
some review and hopefully a second implementation)
 * It requires coordinated window manager and toolkit changes to get any
benefit
 * The original spec fixed a huge problem with opaque resizing where the
application could lag arbitrarily behind the window manager - the extended
spec just makes things look better when you look close.
 * People who really care about these things were already beginning to put
their efforts into Wayland

- Owen