X server commit process

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Oct 19 08:47:09 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-10-16 at 23:39 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at freedesktop.org> writes:
>
> > What is the current process for pulling into release branches?  Are
> > the breakdowns the same, or is someone specific going to manage
> > release branches?
>
> We didn't discuss making any changes, and I think we can probably leave
> that up to the branch managers if they want to try a multi-person commit
> cabal like master has?

For 1.17.x I'm happy to have Eric/Alan/Peter/Keith push too, and for
that matter I'd pretty much trust any platform maintainer within their
code, though with the usual "get it in master then cherry-pick" caveat;
would prefer it, in fact, since I don't really have win32/osx/bsd handy
to test.

I don't think there's anyone currently working on 1.16 or older.

- ajax