please do not use &fullrelvers; in xdmcp.xml

Helmut Grohne helmut at subdivi.de
Wed Nov 11 13:23:15 PST 2015

Hello Xorg developers,

While furthering Debian's multiarch capabilities I ran into the issue
that an xdmcp.txt generated from xdmcp.xml (in libxdmcp) would be
dependent on the version of xorg-sgml-doctools. Due to the
implementation of multiarch, the difference in file content breaks the
installation of libxdmcp. I am therefore proposing to drop the use of
&fullrelvers; in xdmcp.xml (see attached patch). Despite being motivated
by a technical constraint in Debian, this change makes sense
conceptually as well. The value of &fullrelvers; is independent of the
version of libxdmcp. I would not expect the version of a different tool
to show up in the header of the documentation for libxdmcp. I hope that
this makes sense to you as well. Please Cc me in your replies.

Helmut