Nested procedures into X12

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jun 18 13:15:03 PDT 2015

Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> writes:

> Not just that the GC hasn't changed, that it's still valid for the
> drawable; window resize will invalidate your composite clip.

Nah, the expense is computing the mask values from the geometry; that's
completely independent of both source and dest, and depends only on
the dashing and line style bits.

It'd be even easier for Render where trapezoids don't depend on the
picture at all.

> Which, if someone really wants to implement all that, I certainly won't
> stop them.

Only entertaining as an intellectual exercise. Machines are 'fast
enough' these days that finding a useful drawing request that takes
enough time to notice is pretty darn hard.

--
-keith