Contribute.

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Sat Dec 19 02:30:34 PST 2015

Am 19.12.2015 01:00, schrieb Edi Anderson:
> Hi guys, I'm a programmer and would like to contribute to the project but
> do not know where to start. Could anyone help me ?.

Hi and welcome to the project,

to make thinks clear i am also a beginner,
i wanted to start last year but i got stuck when i run out ot time,
so i consider my self a beginner here.

You can contribute in all areas. The only question is: How good is your
programming skill ? What is your background knowledge ? What means the certain
areas are harder to start with than others.

Personally i say: Contributing to documentation is a good starting point.
Writing examples, updating man-pages and friends. It will help to learn how things
are done and are a good introduction to the code.

If you are a experienced programmer than you can look at patches posted on the list
and send some comment (bonuspoints when you can check the patch). Most people like to hear
everything is fine but providing an alternative is at least some reason to discuss.

An other way is to look at the bugtracker, just checking what is still a bug
is a lot of work, and give you some in-side-view of the code.

ntl, an other way to participate is to answer questions on the mailing list :)

re,
 wh