vmmouse kernel driver

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Sep 25 18:36:34 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:12:50AM +0200, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> While looking at a vmmouse kernel driver, I wonder how the Xorg evdev
> driver can be configured to receive both absolute and relative events
> from the same device as the vmmouse sometimes sends absolute events and
> sometimes relative. Is the "IgnoreAbsoluteAxes" "False" option sufficient?

at the same time, or depending on the configuration? The
IgnoreAbsoluteAxes/IgnoreRelativeAxes options simply disable one of the two
on startup, allowing the other one to be initialized. that's for virtual
devices mostly used in VMs because our device autodetection fails there.

So short answer: yes, should be sufficient provided you stay in that mode
for the lifetime of the device.

Cheers,
   Peter