vesa and 2560x1440

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:07:06 PDT 2014

Hello,

On 13 October 2014 11:37, basteon <basteon at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> I use 2.3.3 vesa xorg driver.
> But with radeon kernel driver I got black screen and nothing more.
> Just after I make modprobe -av radeon
> I use  GIGABYTE GA-E350N board with AMD Radeon HD 6310.

Can you connect over SSH or serial console and collect the kernel
messages after you insert the radeon module?

The onboard 6310 card should work except it's hell slow. I used to run
a system with one some years ago.

What connection do you use to connect the display? Some connections
may not be able to use full resolution. Can you try using fbset or
xrandr to switch to lower resolution once the module is inserted?

Thanks

Michal