DRI3/Present fixes for Mesa 10.3+

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 14:08:02 PST 2014

Hi Mario,
On 25/11/14 03:00, Mario Kleiner wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here three patches against mesa to fix use of the OML_sync_control
> extension under DRI3/Present and restore behaviour compatible to
> the DRI2 implementation, so applications like mine, which were written
> and tested against DRI2, don't fail miserably under the new backend.
>
> Tested on Intel HD Ironlake, Intel HD-4000 Ivybridge and nouveau with
> NVidia GeForce 330M, on single and dual-display, also with special
> timing test equipment to confirm proper behaviour wrt. swap scheduling
> and swap completion timestamping.
>
> Together with XOrg-1.16.2 + a set of patches with fixes for the X-Server
> i sent out earlier, these patches make users of OML_sync_control and
> INTEL_swap_events mostly work correctly under DRI3/Present, at least
> with the sna and uxa backends on Intel-ddx and the new dri3/present exa
> backend on nouveau-ddx.
>
> Could these patches please also get included into a Mesa 10.3.x stable
> update?

Huge gratitude for your work and your extensive testing.

I would love to pick those for the 10.3 and 10.4 branch, but obviously
that will follow after Keith and other devs' input. I hope that they'll
have some time to take a look next week once all the thanksgiving
turkeys and pies are taken care of ;)

Thanks,
Emil