Odd compose key behaviour

Geoff Streeter geoff at dyalog.com
Wed Nov 19 02:19:29 PST 2014

<compose>(A)

produces Ă) instead of Ⓐ

There is a line in Compose that says
<Multi_key> <A> <parenleft>             : "Ă"   U0102 # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
WITH BREVE

but there is no line that uses the other order.

When I did the APL part of the Compose table I was careful to define both
directions. Should I not have done that?

There is a line in Compose that says:
<Multi_key> <semicolon> <A>             : "Ą"   U0104 # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
WITH OGONEK

That only appears to work in the direction specified.

Has there been an attempt to be able to compose compose sequences - I would
like that - and this is an unintended side affect?