Is xrandr "Border" property really immutable

Stefan Bruens stefan.bruens at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Nov 16 11:02:48 PST 2014

Hi everyone,

while reading through the randr protocol specification [1], I stumbled on the
Border property having the Immutable flag set. Either I did not understand the
flag correctly, or it should be removed.

E.g. the EDID property is Immutable, as it can not be changed by the user, but
it is not Static, because it will change when plugging in a different monitor.

According to Andy Ritgers XDC 2013 presentation [2], slide 14, the Border
propery can be changed.

Kind regards,

Stefan

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/randrproto/tree/randrproto.txt