Problems while compiling xorg on Ubuntu

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 23 12:37:05 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-23 10:35 (GMT-0700) Alan Coopersmith composed:

> Fedora patches it too, see the end of:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/xorg-x11-drv-sis.git/tree/sis-0.10.7-git.patch

Not a language I speak.

> Can you build xf86-video-sis strictly from upstream git without a patch?

I don't build. I install what others build, and report what I observe when I
think it appropriate.

> I can't, and no one else seems to be able to either, so I'm not sure why
> you're arguing this.

Simply pointing out that those needing the SiS driver to work with Z7/XG20 on
a recent X Server version apparently can be accommodated, since it works in
Rawhide, Factory, Fedora latest and openSUSE latest. As to why whatever makes
it work in Fedora and openSUSE hasn't been pushed upstream I haven't the
foggiest notion, beyond an apparent dearth of SiS testers and developers. The
reason I put this particular former server motherboard into service in a test
system was precisely to reduce the shortage of SiS testers.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/