Fix colormaps with RandR 1.2 capable Xorg drivers

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Jul 30 03:07:29 PDT 2014

On 25.07.2014 03:21, Isaac Kamga wrote:

> I am Computer Science major who is interested in fixing color maps with
> Rand 1.2 capable Xorg drivers.

Great! Things like gamma correction in SDL based games has been broken
for too long.

> I have a faint idea of color maps and look-up tables but I need some
> pointers to more concrete information on this project so I get started
> developing my EVoC project proposal.

I don't have much time right now, but have you read the mailing list
thread around
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=91f73b79b7ae64e5b846d1efeb470bb61a913720
and looked at the Git commit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=91f73b79b7ae64e5b846d1efeb470bb61a913720
which introduced the problem? Hopefully those should give you some idea
of why things are broken, I'll get back to answering any questions you
have about that and providing more pointers ASAP.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer