[RFC 00/12] Use systemd-logind to manage /dev/... nodes for us

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 06:32:14 PST 2014

systemd-logind has the ability to manage /dev/... nodes for us, this
includes not only opening them for us, but also getting/setting drm master on
vtenter/vtleave for drm nodes, and revoking access on vtleave + providing
a new fd on vtenter for evdev nodes.

Using systemd-logind under Linux for this (like wayland does) should
(eventually) allow us to run without root-rights.

This patch series adds support for this. I would like to get this merged
for 1.16, please review.

Note this also needs some minor driver changes, I'll also send out intel and
evdev patches both for review and as example.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans