[PULL] button mapping fix and unconstify patches

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Feb 9 11:12:15 PST 2014

Gaetan Nadon <memsize at videotron.ca> writes:

> Ok, so the recent patch wave did not also address all commented out
> warning flags. Just asking in case some of them needed to be
> re-instated.

With Alan's -Wlogical-op change, I still have only a single warning
(bswap_CARD64 in indirect_dispatch_swap.c).

If you can reproduce this on your machine (and, I hope that is trivial),
then you should feel free to play with compiler flags and send email to
the list about what you find; if the pain threshold isn't too high, we
can fix the warnings and add the flags to the default
set. Alternatively, you could file bugs with the results.

I've rejected only one X server patch because it generated additional
warnings; does anyone think that this is too onerous on other
developers?

keith.packard at intel.com