server "make dist" not picking up optional manpages

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 07:57:39 PDT 2014

Hi All,

In hw/xfree86/man/Makefile.am we now have:

include $(top_srcdir)/manpages.am
appman_PRE = Xorg.man
fileman_PRE = xorg.conf.man xorg.conf.d.man

if SUID_WRAPPER
appman_PRE += Xorg.wrap.man
fileman_PRE += Xwrapper.config.man
endif

And in manpages.am:
EXTRA_DIST = $(appman_PRE) $(driverman_PRE) $(fileman_PRE)

Normally automake automatically includes build-deps in
"make dist" even if they are in a if ... endif block.

But in this case since we conditionally modify a variable
and then use that in EXTRA_DIST it seems that make dist
is not including Xorg.wrap.man and Xwrapper.config.man
(as can been seen in the xorg-server-1.15.99.902 tarbals).

Any suggestions on how to fix this in a clean way ?

Regards,

Hans