Black box testing tool?

Dr. Tilmann Bubeck t.bubeck at reinform.de
Sun Sep 29 13:01:47 PDT 2013

To ensure good quality of "xauth" I am thinking about black box testing.
This would start xauth in a number of different ways and compare the
actual results with an expected result to make sure, that the
application behaves as expected and is "correct" in that sense.

The checks could be triggered by something like "make check" during
development and packaging.

Does anyone know of a proper black box testing tool for (unix) binaries?
I am currently looking into texttest.org but this seems to be a little
bit to huge?

Kind regards,
  Tilmann

+-------+-------------------------------------------------------------+
|       | dr. tilmann bubeck               reinform medien- und       |
|       |                                  informationstechnologie AG |
| rein  | fon  : +49 (711) 7 82 76-52      loeffelstr. 40             |
| form  | fax  : +49 (711) 7 82 76-46      70597 stuttgart / germany  |
|    AG | cell.: +49 (172) 8 84 29 72      fon: +49 (711) 75 86 56-10 |
|       | email: t.bubeck at reinform.de      http://www.reinform.de     |
|       | pflichtangaben nach paragraph 80, AktG:                     |
|       | reinform medien- und informationstechnologie AG, stuttgart  |
|       | handelsregister stuttgart, HRB 23001                        |
|       | vorstand:     dr. tilmann bubeck (vorsitz)                  |
|       | aufsichtsrat: frank stege (vorsitz)                         |