SiS Mirage1 driver

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 05:09:42 PDT 2013

Hello,

I dusted off my D201GLY2 board and some old disks and found the SiS
driver that has working modestting on it.

I included some patches from the current Xorg SiS driver so it now
runs on Debian stable.

Compared to the vesa driver and it appears that vesa has better
precieved rendering speed. Since the card has only one output and the
ability to suspend/resume flawlessly is not a concern I guess vesa is
going to work for my use.

The driver is unfortunately severely bitrotten by now and includes
features that were never included to start with or ripped out of the
current Xorg SiS driver so merging patches is not trivial in most
cases.

Also I am getting rid of the board so even if I was feeling really
board I am not going to update this further.

Still somebody might make the sisfb kernel driver workable on newer
cards using the code or something so here it is
http://repo.or.cz/w/xf86-video-sis/mirage.git

Thanks

Michal