Two long-standing server bugs

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Sep 1 12:34:24 PDT 2013

On 09/ 1/13 10:37 AM, Mouse wrote:
> I found these in the X shipped with  NetBSD 5.2, which is X11R7 of
> stripe - I'm not sure how to get any more detailed version.

We mainly use module versions now that everything is released individually
on a more frequent scale than X11R7.* releases, so the useful version number
for an X server bug report is the X server version number (there's usually
over a dozen minor & patch releases of the X server between each X11R7.*
katamari release).

"Xorg -version" should provide that.   (We've been working to add -version
flags to more programs, but not all of them have it yet.   Version numbers
are also often shown in our man pages in the header or footer, and of course
in our source tarball names and the configure scripts in them.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com