SIGUSR1 to xinit

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Oct 28 00:44:45 CET 2013

>>          if (ParentProcess > 1) {
>>              kill(ParentProcess, SIGUSR1);
>>          }

>> This means startup is slow (a timeout) if xinit happens to be pid 1.
>> On linux, this is the case when xinit is launched into a new PID
>> namespace.

I don't know to what extent anyone else agrees with me, but my stance
on this would be "don't do that, then".  "PID 1 is init" is so
ingrained in the UNIX way that I would even go so far as to call it a
bug for Linux to be handing out PID 1 to anything but init under any
circumstances.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org