Self introduction Hans de Goede

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 07:37:51 PST 2013

Hi All,

My name is Hans de Goede, and I'm active as a FOSS contributor / developer since 1997.

Recently I've mainly been working on hwmon kernel drivers, usb webcam kernel drivers
and userspace support libs, usb emulation and redirection in qemu, libusb and usbdevfs.

I've been working for Red Hat since 2008, first on anaconda, the installer, and for
the last 3 years on Spice (focussing on usb redirection). I'm moving to Red Hat's
graphics team, where I will be mostly working on the input side. Hence this mail.

My first project will be dusting off Peter Hutterer's socket activation patches +
adding support for the new systemd-logind vt handover stuff wayland is already
using. Together this should hopefully allow the X-server to run without root rights
(for kms drivers at least).

Although I'm a seasoned FOSS developer I'm new to the world of Xorg, so I might ask
some newbie questions every now and then and make some beginner mistakes. When I do
please feel free to correct me :)

I'm aware of the pitfall of copying copy-left licensed code into the MIT licensed Xorg
code-base and I'll do my best to avoid that.

And now it is time for me to go and read:
http://www.x.org/wiki/DeveloperStart/

And try and build my own X-server for the first time :)

Regards,

Hans