Fwd: [oss-security] "I miss LSD", slides, paper and tools relating to finding UNIX system level vulnerabilities (as given at 44CON)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Nov 14 18:18:06 PST 2013

As we expand our use of shared memory via the new extensions, we should try
to make sure we're not making more problems along the lines of those mentioned
in the presentation linked below & associated whitepaper published at:
http://labs.portcullis.co.uk/whitepapers/memory-squatting-attacks-on-system-v-shared-memory/

(It does seem most of the issues are in the clients creating shmem insecurely
  before passing it to the X libraries, but I've not had time to do much analysis
  beyond a quick readthrough of the slides & paper.)

	-alan-