[PULL] GLX rewrite

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 11:05:43 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-08 at 15:19 -0800, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to X11 for the past year
> or so, so I missed all of this work until it started failing on my
> build bot.
>
> glxstubs.c has conflicting availability attributes.  How should we
> resolve this?  If I was doing this for just OSX, I'd remove _X_HIDDEN
> and just tell the linker to not export these symbols, but I'd rather
> find a more portable solution...

Ugh, good catch.  I think fixing this at link time is probably the
right solution.

The thing _X_HIDDEN is doing there is trying to bind the stubs to their
callers in libglx itself.  I think the only place where this actually
matters is Xorg's libglx.so on ELF platforms?  On servers where GLX is
linked statically then I think normal unix binding rules mean the
definition in the executable wins before the definition in libGL (and on
Windows you have to explicitly import anyway).  So probably we can just
put a version script in the linker flags for libglx and call it done.

- ajax