xserver: Branch 'master' - 11 commits

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Mon Nov 4 19:15:40 CET 2013

On 11/02/2013 10:09 AM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> Why does this now require mesa 9.2.0? >= 9.0 doesn't build on OS X,
> and I haven't had time to address the issue in mesa. I'm wondering if I
> can just revert this and keep the old requirement for now since this
> change seems to be related just to dri3 (which doesn't affect XQuartz
> anyways).
>
> -LIBGL="gl >= 7.1.0"
> +LIBGL="gl >= 9.2.0"

This has nothing to do with DRI3.  It has to do with floating point
configs for pbuffers in DRI2.  Mesa 9.2 is required because that is the
version that adds __DRI_ATTRIB_FLOAT_BIT and
__DRI_ATTRIB_UNSIGNED_FLOAT_BIT to dri_interface.h.  See Mesa commit
c37c367.

If you'd like to submit a patch that will allow the server to gracefully
disable GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float when the version of dri_interface.h is
too old (or just stub it out for XQuartz), I'd be happy to review it.