Donation of ARM CubieTruck to anyone interested in developing Xorg for ARM

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Sat Nov 2 17:23:26 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 06:13:22PM +0200, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Alexey, and I'm interested in having ARM CubieTruck
> hardware well supported by Debian for desktop (KDE) use.
>
> CubieTruck is an ARM mini-PC aka "Liliputer", based on AllWinner A20
> processor + 2 GB RAM + 8 GB flash + VGA (!) port + SATA + Ethernet + WiFi,
> making it good enough for a real desktop.
>
> CubieTruck
> http://cubietruck.com/collections/frontpage/products/cubietruck-cubieboard3-cortex-a7-dual-core-2gb-ram-8gb-flash-with-wifi-bt
>
> My goal: It should have a working 2D, HD Video and 3D graphics as well
> as audio and networking.
>
> Some open-source drivers exist:
> *2D - xf86-video-fbturbo - link: https://github.com/ssvb/xf86-video-fbturbo
> *Hardware Video Decoder - "CedarX" link:
> http://linux-sunxi.org/Reverse_Engineering/Cedar_Status
> *3D - open-source Lima or closed-source Mali drivers.
>
> WiFi + Bluetooth - status unknown.
>
> If you can - please help stabilize those experimental drivers, and
> improve ARM device support.
>
> I will donate few ARM CubieTruck samples to interested people. You'll
> need a proof of past patches to any open-source project or community
> involvement.
> --
> -Alexey Eromenko "Technologov", Debian user. Open-source community
> member. Israel.

Really? First debian-arm, now xorg-devel? Talk about barking up the
wrong tree.

Why don't you talk to the relevant projects and relevant people,
starting with the community at http://www.linux-sunxi.org/
Info about our mailing list can be found here:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Mailing_list

Also, the nice people who created the cubieboards are quite active in
the sunxi community, and they have provided many active community
members with boards like the cubietruck.

Luc Verhaegen.