EXA composite ops don't report damage

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon May 13 02:15:21 PDT 2013

On Sam, 2013-05-11 at 11:19 -0600, Daniel Drake wrote:

> When EXA handles the composite request in accelerated fashion (e.g.
> exaComposite -> exaTryDriverComposite -> driver's composite handler),
> it does *not* continue calling down the Composite chain. So in the
> composite operation where AbiWord's updated document canvas (with my
> newly input text) is composited onto the unrotated screen pixmap, the
> damageComposite() handler is never called, so its not surprising that
> the damage layer is not aware of this screen update.

The wrapping order is supposed to be the other way around, i.e. the
Damage layer is supposed to call down to EXA. I suspect you may need to
switch the order in which the driver initializes EXA vs. the Damage
layer, or something along those lines.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com