Initial DRI3000 protocol specs available

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Mar 7 17:17:24 PST 2013

James Jones <jajones at nvidia.com> writes:

> There didn't seem to be much interest outside of NVIDIA, so
> besides fence sync, the ideas are tabled internally ATM.

This shouldn't surprise you though -- no-one else needs this kind of
synchronization, so it's really hard for anyone to evaluate it. And,
DRI2 offers 'sufficient' support for the various GL sync extensions.

So, what I'd like to know is if you think nVidia could take advantage of
the Swap extension so that nVidia 3D applications could do the whole
Swap redirect plan? If so, then I'm a lot more interested in figuring
out how we can get apps using the necessary fencing to actually make it
work right.

keith.packard at intel.com