how to reduce X building time?

wolfking wolfking2000 at msn.com
Wed Mar 6 22:32:23 PST 2013

hi, all:  I'm building the X on my PowerPC platform and have a problem:  Everytime when I use the build.sh scricpt to build the X, the build.sh restart from thebeginning to compile, it wastes a lot of time to rebuild the components that it builtin the previous building process. I remember in the previous version of build.sh, I canuse the -r option to specify the component from where to begin building. But in current version of build.sh, this option is ignored, instead it provides -o option, and it onlycompiles the specified component, and ignores the followed components. Can someone tell mehow to reduce the building time?