BCM5974 touchpad issues...

Daniel J Blueman daniel at quora.org
Mon Mar 4 23:30:57 PST 2013

On 14 February 2013 06:07, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:47:50PM +0800, Daniel J Blueman wrote:

>> Peter: would you expect these 'BTN_TOOL_DOUBLETAP value 1' events when
>> two-finger scrolling [2]?
>
> BTN_TOOL_DOUBLETAP is the boolean for "two-fingers on the touchpad", so yes.

I'm still seeing this after moving to Ubuntu 13.04 prerelease. Since
the issue reproduces 1/20 times I scroll eg in gedit, it's hard to
switch terminal, launch evtest and be sure it'll be logged.

I checked the source of evtest to see if I could change opening the
eventfd to allow multiple clients sharing it, but it's clearly not how
things work.

Any ideas how I can log the scrollpad activity while using X?

One fallback is that I modify evtest with an option to visualise the
scrolling (as I see in gedit) to be able to detect undue clicks or
jumps. What do you think?

Thanks,
  Daniel
--