about Xvideo support in glamor

Arthur Huillet arthur.huillet at free.fr
Tue Jun 4 01:40:08 PDT 2013

Hello,

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 16:05:04 +0800
"bradpitt" <362740490 at qq.com> wrote:

> I want to ask some questions about Xvideo.  1. What is the difference between
> overlay video and textured video adaptor? 2. xf86-video-intel has
> implemented overlay video adaptor and textured video adaptor. If I want to
> add Xvideo adaptor in glamor, which should I use? can I implement putvideo
> function with I965DisplayVideoTextured() and intel_display_overlay() in
> glamor?

A few years ago I started work on Xv like you. I tried to document my effort,
at least the introduction. I was a beginner by then, but some of the contents
can be of interest to you:
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/ArthurHuillet/

It explains overlay vs. textured video.

Textured video probably makes more sense in the context of Glamor (assuming
overlay is feasible at all).

--
Greetings,
A. Huillet