Three recent blog postings on DRI3000

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jul 25 08:49:56 PDT 2013

Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst at canonical.com> writes:

> I just want the option of being able to specify an absolute time to
> synchronize to for the users, If opengl that wants to sync to a
> relative frame interval it can keep doing that.

That seems fine to me; it's gonna be a bunch of work to make it correct
though; you'll have to ask the kernel to translate a UST into an MSC for
a specific CRTC.

If you're willing to do a proof-of-concept implementation, we can add it
to the extension, but I don't want to specify anything that hasn't been
implemented. We've done that a few times and deeply regretted it every time...

keith.packard at intel.com