Three recent blog postings on DRI3000

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jul 23 17:49:29 PDT 2013

I spent the weekend writing a pile of code to implement vblank
synchronized blts and flips for Present, and then spent the last two
days writing up what I did and what I'm planning to do.

First, some kernel hacking I did to make asynchronous flipping (i.e.,
not sync'd to vblank) possible:

        http://keithp.com/blogs/async_flip/

Next, I wrote up a discussion on how I implemented vblank-synchronized
PresentRegion blts, and added flips as well:

        http://keithp.com/blogs/present_sync/

Finally, I wrote up a discussion and proposal on redirection of
PresentRegion operations. The proposal piece describes the set of
changes necessary to implement the simplest form.

        http://keithp.com/blogs/present-redirect/

Feel free to cut&paste content from those articles and comment on them
here. I guess another option would be to simply post them here for
people to comment directly?

keith.packard at intel.com