[RFC] xf86-input-mouse fixes for FreeBSD

Niclas Zeising zeising at daemonic.se
Wed Jul 3 05:13:05 PDT 2013

[ Please CC me, I'm not subscribed]

Hi!
Attached is a patch which incorporates local patches for FreeBSD that
has been floating around in our package repository (the ports tree) for
quite some time.  I'd like a review and help to get these upstream.
I have not made the patches myself, but from what I can tell they
resolve two different issues.  The first part is native PS/2 support on
FreeBSD, and the second is making absolute pointer devices work.  The
latter fix also needs the driver to link against libusbhid (BSD library
related to USB HID devices).  My idea to resolve this was to add a
configure check for this lib, and compile the code and link against it
if it exists, but I'm unsure on how to accomplish this, especially since
this check probably only should be done on BSDs, not Linux (that doesn't
use this code at all).
The code is available in a git branch, where it might be clearer which
code belongs to which issue, but I have nowhere to push this where it is
publicly visible currently.
It would be great if I could get a code review as well as help with and
suggestions on the autoconf issues, so that this has a chance of making
it upstream.
Best regards!
--
Niclas Zeising