xcursor-themes - why no index.theme files?

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Fri Sep 21 02:48:40 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:38:44AM +0200, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 09/20/12 10:45 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> >Subject basically says it, but: Why are no index.theme file installed
> >for the cursor themes from xcursor-themes?
>
> Because no one submitted a patch to add them?
>
> It's hard to know why no one ever thought it was useful to do something,
> especially in a package as "lightly maintained" as xcursor-themes.

Ok, perhaps the intention of my question wasn't very clear.

I've tried using the themes, and didn't manage to. I did however
manage to use Oxygen_Black from kde, which comes with an index.theme.
I'm not sure if that's the relevant difference or something else, but
I wonder if the themes are even usable without those files.
 Thomas