Does Xorg'x XRender implementation support "better-than-bilinear" interpolation?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:05:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just realized that at least on my machine (fedora 17 + intel 20.2),
the only interpolation modes offered by Xrender are: {nearest ,
bilinear , convolution, fast , good, best}
I always thought best translates into something better than bilinear,
but it seems to be just equal to it.

Is there any way to archive bicubic interpolation or any other
higher-than-bilinear interpolation using xrender?
As Java2D offers bicubic interpolation, it would mean a fallback to
software-rendering every time a program requests high-quality
interpolation.

Thank you in advance, Clemens