xf86-video-tegra or xf86-video-modesetting?

Mark Zhang markz at nvidia.com
Sun Nov 25 21:56:25 PST 2012

In technical, it's true to focus xf86-video-modesetting on the hardware
independent stuffs/making frameworks and GPU vendors upstreams their
hardware dependent codes. But this needs a lot of cooperation and the
progress would be slow. This is not GPU vendors want so I assume they'll
not put lots of efforts into it.

So I think it's better to fork the xf86-video-modesetting right now
unless someday most of the GPU vendors are willing to work together and
do contributions to modesetting driver.

Mark