Force cursor change

Amir Pakdel pakdel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:25:56 PDT 2012

Hello All,

I am trying to hide or change mouse cursor when mouse pointer is actively
grabbed by some other client.
Neither XDefineCursor can change the cursor nor XChangeActivePointerGrab
(since my application is not the client that has grabbed the pointer).

Main question is: During XDnD (Drag and Drop), when the mouse pointer
enters my window, I cannot hide it. And the reason that I want to hide the
cursor is that I am trying to implement Drag and Drop in Synergy: When user
is dragging something to another display (on some other computer) mouse
cursor on the first one should be hidden.

Thank you in advance.