don't pull yet, but read: pull request for abi/api changes

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed May 30 15:02:24 PDT 2012

Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> writes:

(the fact that this change ends with a net loss of code is a definite bonus...)

>       xf86: change EnterVT/LeaveVT to take a ScrnInfoPtr (ABI/API break)
>       xf86: modify FreeScreen callback to take pScrn instead of index. (ABI/API)
>       xf86: move AdjustFrame to passing ScrnInfoPtr (ABI/API)
>       xf86: migrate SwitchMode to taking ScrnInfoPtr (ABI/API)

Can you remove the 'flags' arguments at the same time? I can't see any
use of it for any of these functions.

>       xserver: drop index argument to ScreenInit (ABI/API) (v2)

Has this been built on Windows/MacOS? I'm sure Jeremy and one of the
xwin folks would be happy to check to make sure things work before
merging to master and getting surprised.

>       int10: cleanup one unnecessary use of xf86Screens
>       int10/vbe: don't use xf86Screens. (ABI) (v2)

Could we change xf86DrvMsg* to take pScrn? Or is that too scary a
change?

Also, looking at int10/linux.c -- that code sets pInt->scrnIndex, but I
can't see a change to that in this patch? Either I'm missing something
(easy today, I'm afraid), or the linux.c code isn't used...

>       vbe: don't use index for VBEInterpretPanelID (API)
>       int10/linux: drop use of xf86Screens from linux specific int10 code

(see above, shouldn't be assigning pInt->scrnIndex = screen).

>       xserver: convert block/wakeup handlers to passing ScreenPtr (ABI/API) (v2)

The doc change doesn't update the name of the Block/Wakeup handler
argument from 'nscreen' to 'pScreen'.

>       xf86: make xf86DeleteScreen take a ScrnInfoPtr

Another function with an unused 'flags' argument.

The rest of the patches look good to me. And, as you can see above, my
comments are mostly bikeshedding anyways.

keith.packard at intel.com