Modules & releases needed for X11R7.7 katamari

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Mar 31 15:40:04 PDT 2012

On 03/ 9/12 03:15 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2012, at 11:12 PM, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> For this year's katamari, I've only kicked out a couple modules - the
>> two input drivers (acecad & aiptek) which were declared dead during
>> the last year.
>>
>> So far I've not added any new ones - the most likely candidate I see
>> for adding is xf86-video-nouveau.   Given nvidia's statement about
>> ending support for xf86-video-nv, is it time to replace -nv with
>> -nouveau?   (I'm sure we've discussed this before and I'm just doing
>> too many things at once to remember right now.)
>
> It is way past time that we include nouveau.  Additionally considering that xorg-server-1.12 prefers nouveau if present, we really should roll it into the katamari:

I started to add nouveau, but then realized I can't find any evidence they've
ever tagged a release or posted a tarball for download, and we can't include
a git repo in the katamari for them, so it looks like as much as it would make
sense to include, it's not ready yet.

>> xf86-video-modesetting seems like a candidate for next year, but it
>> seemed too soon for inclusion this year.
>
> I'd like to consider xf86-video-nested next year as well.

Makes sense, but like nouveau, you'll need to start tagging releases and
posting tarballs before then to be eligible.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com