[PULL to discuss] Remove kdrive, Xnest, and Xvfb

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) yselkowitz at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 27 13:12:26 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-26 20:01, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> At the very minimum we should ship a couple simple configs such as (guessing at
> contents here, someone would need to test and refine):

OK, it looks like I have both of these working on Cygwin now.  I do
remind everyone that video-nested doesn't have a tarball release yet.

> Even better would be to ship Xephyr, Xvfb, Xnest as simple shell scripts that
> did basically "Xorg -config Xorg-vfb.conf $*"  (possibly with some argument
> manipulation for other arguments those supported).

(Don't forget Xfake.)  While I think we do need scripts to replace at
least Xvfb (which is used in building a few packages), what about
command-line option compatibility?   How do you handle "Xvfb -screen 0
640x480x24 :1" or "Xnest -geometry 640x480+100+100 :2" and the like?

Yaakov
Cygwin/X