[PULL to discuss] Remove kdrive, Xnest, and Xvfb

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) yselkowitz at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 26 23:56:46 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-26 20:31, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> 1. Will Xorg even work on Cygwin/MinGW?

Well, it *seems* I got Xorg (1.12 branch) with xf86-video-dummy (0.3.5)
working, but while xf86-video-nested (git master) will start, clients
are unable to connect.  I used Alan's conf files and added my own in
xorg.conf.d:

Section "Module"
         Load "fb"
         Load "shadow"
         Disable "kbd"
         Disable "mouse"
EndSection

This is due to video-dummy requiring libfb, video-nested requiring both
libfb and libshadow, and libshadow itself requiring libfb.

> Even if it does, I see already it would take some serious patching to
> build due to the module-based architecture, which I would be willing to
> work on.

The attached draft patch is how I built Xorg 1.12 on Cygwin.  Comments?

Yaakov
Cygwin/X