[PULL to discuss] Remove kdrive, Xnest, and Xvfb

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Mar 26 20:09:25 PDT 2012

On 03/26/12 07:50 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
>> a) install a non-setuid-root copy of Xorg and have Xnest/Xephyr/Xvfb run that
>
> This is the option I prefer, although I'd rather have ${bindir}/Xorg and ${bindir}/Xorg.suid to make it obvious which is which (and which is "the future").

And I'd rather not break the vast majority of existing users & configurations,
which suggests leaving Xorg suid and making the new one (Xother?) non-suid,
unless someone can figure out a clever way to make it work with a wrapper.

Perhaps ${libexecdir}/Xorg.suid & ${libexecdir}/Xorg and have /usr/bin/Xorg
be a non-suid wrapper that execs ${libexecdir}/Xorg.suid unless -config has
a path that's not allowed in the suid form, in which case it runs the
non-suid one instead?

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com