Stable branch reformatting issues

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Mar 19 12:06:12 PDT 2012

Ok, well I'd like to definitely do this with 1.12 since it will make cherry picking from master *much* less painful.

Not doing it on 1.11 and 1.10 will mean that it will be difficult to cherry-pick back to those branches (which means they just won't get certain fixes that they previously would have due to lack of manpower).  So as I see it, we either leave stable-1.10-branch exactly where it is from now until eternity because we don't reformat it to take cherry picks or we reformat it to allow it to take cherry picks.  If you want the former, then there's nothing really stopping you from "pretending" and using the <reformat commit>^ commit as your base.