server-1.12-branch

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Mar 15 08:20:58 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 14 March 2012 04:09, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> <#part sign=pgpmime>
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:45:47 +0000, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>
>> I can definitely see the argument here.  Keith, do you want me to send
>> you an automated whole-tree changeset, followed by a series of
>> cleanups? To be honest, I've only got Xext totally cleaned up right
>> now, so I could send those two first and then the rest as they get
>> done (reading 550k LoC is a fairly tough slog).
>
> Yes, something entirely automated would be best; it's easy to review,
> and easy to verify.
>
> And, it would let us do the same command on stable branches as well.

OK, it's on people.fd.o/~daniels/xserver:coding-style now (d2949a1),
plus one small fixup for a really obnoxiously-formatted block in,
surprise surprise, Xinerama.  Although it was pretty obnoxiously
formatted to begin with, to be fair.

I've changed the command a bit to add all the typedefs, which gives
indent a much better idea of what's going on and stops it from adding
pointless spaces after ampersands (grr).  There were still a few of
those as I failed to capture every single typedef in the original
indent command, which can be seen in the first commit message.

It's not perfect - and really, only straight-up slogging through every
file is going to turn up the pathological cases - but it's as good as
we're going to get for the moment.  Could you please pull these and
then we can fix up the fallout as we go along?

Cheers,
Daniel