Suggestion of patch for libXaw3d-1.6.1

Jean-Pierre Demailly Jean-Pierre.Demailly at ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon Mar 12 03:25:13 PDT 2012

> > No I didn't. However, the patch doesn't really use the specific features
> > of Xaw3d, so it shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to make it work
> > with plain Xaw. The advantage of Xaw3d is that it has already a more
> > modern look and feel. (With plain Xaw, one would get a possibly strange
> > combination of antialiased fonts with old style widgets...) In any case,
> > it wouldn't be a big overhead except for the additional use of freetype.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Jean-Pierre Demailly
> >

> It would be interesting to do so in order to keep Xaw and Xaw3d in sync.

I agree, but although it wouldn't be a big task I currently have little available time ; I could possibly find the energy do it if you believe this has any chance to be integrated mainstream in both libXaw and libXaw3d - otherwise libXaw3dXft is possibly better left as a fork of libXaw3d ...

> btw i remember that tooltips where different in Xaw than on Xaw3d. Is this still true ?

I haven't checked this yet, but it won't certainly be an issue for the additional stuff.

JPD