server-1.12-branch

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Mar 9 14:47:36 PST 2012

<#part sign=pgpmime>
On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:56:52 -0800, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

> Are you going to pull in Daniel's code style change now?   Of all the -next
> candidates from the last few months, that was the biggest I remember.

Yes, that needs to happen now or not at all. It will make back-porting
fixes painful for a while, but the alternative is to forever live with
the existing mish-mash of coding styles.

Daniel: do you want to re-spin the patch for 1.12 now? iirc, it was just
a purely mechanical operation, right?

The testing I did last time was to compare the emitted instruction
sequences for every file compiled for my environment.

keith.packard at intel.com