AS_ECHO_N in util-macros

Jon TURNEY jon.turney at dronecode.org.uk
Wed Mar 7 13:01:11 PST 2012

On 05/03/12 20:04, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Crap, I wish I had tried this sooner.  It doesn't look likw AS_ECHO is in autoconf-2.61 either:
>
> configure:4861: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_ECHO
>        If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>        See the Autoconf documentation.

Yes, AS_ECHO seems to be introduced in autoconf 2.62 as well :-(

Reading the section on 'echo' in [1], I'm inclined to say that since we
know that the cacheid neither starts with a hyphen nor contains
backslashes, we can just use echo here.

I'm not able to write and test a patch right now.  I shall do so as soon
as I can, unless someone beats me to it.

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.68/html_node/Limitations-of-Builtins.html