[PULL] integration tests

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Jun 17 22:36:15 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 03:57:15PM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> writes:
>
> > The current tests need to be run as root to work, they require uinput
> > devices to be created. If not run as root, the tests will succeed anyway
> > (with a messsage) so make check won't just error out all the time.
>
> These tests need the evdev driver installed, along with correctly
> functioning udev and other bits. As such, they need to not get run in
> the general 'make check' process, but should instead be called from a
> new 'make integration-check' target (thanks to Peter for the name btw).
>
> I've also been unable to run these tests on debian unstable; I can
> package and upload whatever additional bits are needed to make that work
> by default.

the main package that you'll likely need is utouch-evemu. Not sure if that's
packaged in debian. afaict, for the gtest sources, well, you need the actual
sources somewhere locally and point configure to it.

> The goal of doing integration testing to make sure the server works with
> various drivers is laudable though; let's make sure it's usable by most
> people (or at least by me :-) so that testing happens on a regular basis.

atm it's less of a driver testing and more of an expansion of the existing
unit tests. too many of them require a fully set up cursor to check for
certain tests and that's not easy to do without running the actual server. I
really consider the integration tests XTS-like. don't expect XTS to be
ported to gtest tough :)

Cheers,
  Peter